There are plenty of techniques and therapies all over the world which have been well researched and practiced by experts to treat many health and body issues. One essential therapy which is regulated, registered and proved is Podiatry. A podiatrist is a professional who deals with examining the feet, leg and ankle issues, and treats the issue of the patient accordingly. He will begin with examining your injury history, check your footwear and notice your lifestyle and then provide the right diagnosis for the feet. The spectrum of podiatry involves many physical techniques, usage of advance tools, use of drugs and lotions for complete healing.
Need of Podiatrists for A Patient’s Health
There are various situations when a person will need the help from the podiatrists. Basically, there is no age barrier for a patient who needs this treatment. Any person who needs proper care for foot or ankle or even lower portion of the leg has to find an experienced professional. Some of the issues when you need podiatry treatment:
- Heel pains and heel bunions
- Hammer toes
- Warts, callous and corns
- Joins and bone disorders
- Neuromas and soft tissue pathologies
- Footwear issues and orthotics problems
- Circulatory diseases and neurological issues.
Reasons Why to Seek Podiatrist Help:
- Heel pain: This can happen for any reason. When heel pain leads to bony growth then the condition is called as heel spur. Even the tendons may get swelled and the pain gets severe. In such a situation, you need to get diagnosed by the podiatrist, and go through a correct treatment procedure.
- Cracked heel: Wearing wrong shoes can hurt your heels, which can lead to bleeding and severe pain. The constant pressure on foot will make the person difficult to walk. In order to avoid the issues, seek immediate help from the podiatrist for better blood circulation, improved relived and reduction of pain.
- Callus and corns: Usually it occurs below the feet, which is basically hardening on an area. When it occurs in a small area it is called as corns and if it is spread out then it is termed as callus. It pains a lot and needs to be attended immediately to prevent any worse situation. The podiatrist will treat the issue in a gentle manner by removing it using blades in a pain free manner.
- Athlete’s foot: It is nothing but an infection which leads to peeling of skin or itching or cracks or rashes. This generally happens when they go to public areas such as pools or changing rooms without proper foot wear. The condition has to be treated without any delays, and the podiatrist will make sure that the infection does not spread out in the entire body. They will prescribe medications and creams, and will suggest you to wear proper footwear no matter where you are.
- Ingrown toenails: It is another painful condition that arises and infects the entire leg when not treated at right time. What a podiatrist does at such a situation is, it will remove it by numbing the toe. It is a very serious condition and needs to be treated immediately.
There are still many more conditions which can lead to consulting a doctor for podiatry treatment. No matter what the condition is and how serious it is, an experienced and reputed podiatrist has to be consulted. He will diagnose and treat illnesses and perform surgery if needed. You can either browse online for the best podiatrist in your area or ask your friends or relatives about one.