If you have lived in an apartment without a central cooling system then you might be aware of the insurmountable task of window air conditioning installation. Unless you are an expert, it might be difficult to install it. Here are steps that will help you to install the air conditioning system in an ideal manner.
|Air Conditioning Installation|
Know What You Need
The first thing that you need to decide on before installing the system is the window. If the window that you have chosen does not have any three-pong outlet then you might have to get an extra extension. Make sure that you check the load on that particular circuit. In case, the circuit powers other devices like a music system then it is better to choose some other window in the room. This will help you to avoid a blown fuse.
You should know that every air conditioning system does not fit every window type. Choose the kind of window that you have. A majority of the units work for casement and double-hung windows. You also need to consider the rain protection and amount of insulation that you require.
When you are placing the air conditioner make sure that it is not exposed to the sun during the maximum time of the day since this can make it work harder. This, in turn, can reduce its durability. Make sure that you add additional barriers to keep the system safe from water.
Get the Window Ready for Installation
Before you start the installation process you need to make sure that the window is in good shape. When you are done with the air conditioning installation, the window might not be opened for a long time. Hence, wash the glass properly before installing the system. Make sure that you leave enough space so that people do not trip over it.
Things like a storm frame might make it difficult to install the overhanging part of the air conditioner. Make sure that you remove such frames.
Install the Air Conditioning System
|Window Air Conditioning Installation|
For preparing the air conditioner for mounting, you have to follow the guidelines provided by the manufacturer. For this, you have to brackets to the windows. Check the measurements of the air conditioner and the window. Be careful to not make any mistakes.
- Place the air conditioner in the opening of the window. You have to balance it while sliding the flange at the bottom and outside edge of the window. Slowly lower the bottom window sash till it reaches the air conditioner.
- In order to prevent the sash from being raised, you have to insert screws through the flange on the case of the air conditioner to the sash. Make sure that you drill pilot holes or else it will split the wood.
- In order to keep hot air, bugs, and moisture from entering the room, you have to pull the side curtains till the window frames. Extending the curtains might help in sealing your room but it is not alternative to insulation.
- There is a gap in between the lower sash and the frame of the window. This should be filled with the foam provided with the air conditioner.
All you need to do after this is plug in the conditioner. You can get an extension cord if required.
Mistakes to Avoid During Air Conditioning Installation
- One of the common mistakes people make is installing the wrong size of AC. This might prove to be counterproductive.
- You should not buy cheap air conditioners as this might cost you a great deal of money in the long run.
- Avoid buying air conditioner outside the local area. For proper maintenance, you need a service that functions within your area.
If you are looking for more information about window air conditioning System, then go here.