Tubular steel, as the name suggests, is a tube shaped steel unit. Conventionally found in the shape of a cylinder, it is also sometimes seen with a rectangular, square, D-shape or with an oval cross-section. Tubular steel proves its functionality in various walks of life, from being purely decorative and beautiful to being the key member of a mega structure.
Preparing Tubular Steel for Home Improvement
Before Tubular steel is being made use of, it must be first engineered to precision. The following steps will shed light on this process.
- Rolling: The process of rolling involves a long sheet being passed through a series of successive rollers, which in due course of the process will roll it into the necessary tube shape. This helps in molding the sheet as per your home requirement.
- Welding: The process of tube welding applied to the edges of the rolled sheet secures the shape of the tubular member. The secured edges then undergo a smoothening process to remove scrap metal and rough edges. Doing so adds to the safety aspect for your home, especially for roofing and other similar purposes.
- Treatment: The tube, straight out of the welding process, is always very hot. Therefore, in this stage, the tube is exposed to a coolant liquid which also acts as a lubricant for the tube. Doing so ensures longevity.
- Shaping: The tube is now subject to a process of role pressing and shaping which then turns it into the final and designated shape for the tubular steel’s intended purpose of use.
- Cutting: This process is as simple as cutting it into the required portable lengths, as per the requirement.
Since most of the process is machine run, a mandatory human check gives the necessary final approval
|Tubular Steel for Home|
Due to its versatility, tubular steel is found in almost all walks of life. Listed below are a few common applications within a home.
- Transportation of water, gasses and liquids in industrial and household set-ups.
- In the construction of conveyor belts, drills and hydraulic lifts.
- To facilitate the movement of liquids in cars, trucks, exhaust lines and others such areas of automotive transport.
- Due to their aesthetic appeal, tubular steels are used in construction of buildings and more commonly in railings and in stairways of your home.
- Their leak proof and sturdy nature make them a priority material in home fittings, from the refrigerator lines to gas lines.
- Their strength and durability are made use of in military grade machines such as in gun barrels and also in space vehicles.
- Tubular steel also finds application in the medical field, specifically in the manufacturing of precision surgical equipment.
In many ways Tubular Steel proves to be a better option when compared with conventional steel for your home. Here are some of its advantages.
- Due to its tubular nature, there is an overall reduction in the dead-weight, thus directly reducing the involved cost which makes it budget friendly.
- The use of Tubular steel reduces wastage of the primary raw material (steel).
- Better dynamic load carrying properties and an increased structural stability makes tubular steel a safer option when compared with conventional steel.
- It is free of sharp edges and has a better overall finish that accentuates your home décor too.
- Due to corrosion resilient properties of Tubular steel, the medium so being carried in the tube is free of contamination and bacterial infection.
- When filled with concrete, tubular steel has higher resilience to fire and heat, which improves the safety of your home.
Tubular steel proves itself to be a versatile invention as it fits into a wide variety of applications. It is indeed a safer and more reliable choice in comparison to the conventional alternatives.