Use the Different Varieties of Stone Benchtops to Give a Gorgeous Look to Your Kitchen

Are you thinking of kitchen remodeling? Wish to build the kitchen of your dreams? If yes, then you have landed at the right page. Since you spend most of the time in kitchen in preparing the breakfast, snacks and dinner for you family, it has to be perfect. Right from the walls, flooring and cabinets, everything should complement with each other. No doubt, you can get even a bench-top installed in your style. There are different materials which are used to make the benchtops, and you can use these benchtops easily to enhance the aesthetic value of the kitchen. They are sturdy, durable, stain and fire-resistant and they can be designed and made into a shape that will be the most convenient for any small or large kitchen.

Types of Kitchen Stone Benchtops

Kitchen Stone Benchtops
Kitchen Stone Benchtops
  • Granite- For most of the homemakers, granite has become the most preferred choice when it comes to a stone bench-top. Granite is easily available in both small and large slabs. The best part is that the coloration of this stone will never change and will remain bright always. In addition to this, this stone is very long lasting, durable and easy to maintain to be installed in the kitchens. Moreover, you can get it in various shades like green, red and others, according to the other interiors of your kitchen. Granite is not porous, and with time, the stone does not develop cuts or crevices either.
  • Marble- Marble is another option if you want to have a stone benchtop. From the time, immemorial, marble is valued for its pristine, beauty and strength. Its classy appearance and strength are sure to make your kitchen look fantastic.  However, you must keep in mind that this type of stone can scratch and etch. Homemakers are required to keep complete care of this stone to keep it in its original condition for years.
  • Engineered stone- This type of stone is actually non-porous and scratch resistant. Once you have installed the benchtop made of this stone, you will not have to worry about any stains or etch. Engineered stone has a composition of around 93 percent quartz and remaining 7 percent of bonding agents and other pigments. While comparing with other natural stones, the engineered stone is much harder and color-consistent. In fact, an engineered stone does not require the application of any types of sealants and are very easy to maintain. They add value to your home and accentuate the overall aesthetics of your kitchen.

Once you have approached a reputed company offering kitchen stone benchtops, you will be able to browse through the other available variety of stones also.

Benefits of Installing Kitchen Stone Bench Tops

Stone Benchtops
Stone Benchtops

The foremost advantage of installing the bench tops is that they are easy to clean. With just a wipe of a damp cloth, you will be able to clean your bench top without any much hassle. You can also use a solution of water and detergent to get that original shine and brightness. The stone benchtops do not fade or get discolored even after prolonged use, although for the marble benchtops, you must be sure not to spill any chemical on it, to retain its longevity. They are sturdy and do not get corroded due to moisture or if you put some hot pan on these benchtops.

However, make sure you do not clean the benches with acid or similar harsh cleaning solutions. Acid corrodes stone, which can damage the look of your benchtop. For cleaning stone, some mild detergent soap, water, and a soft cloth should do. If dirt has accumulated on it over a period of time, clean it with a high-pressure hose. It should get rid of those hard-to-remove dirt particles.

Share on Google Plus


Post a Comment