The ease and simplicity of owning and maintaining a gas fireplace are main reasons why people prefer them over the traditional wood burning fireplaces, but even gas fireplaces need yearly maintenance to keep them safe and in proper working order. People love to sit in front of the fireplace during the cold winter when you want to feel cozy and warm
In order to maintain gas log fireplace in a safe manner do a few checkups to make sure that it is working perfectly. The insert is usually inserted into the existing fireplace. Listed below are some of the things that one should not forget to do in order to maintain the inserts such as:
- Ensure that the combustion and ignition are working perfectly
- Make sure that the exterior part of the fireplace is regularly cleaned.
- Clean the gas pilots and burners and make sure that the safety system in the gas pilot is working perfectly.
- In case a fan is present; make sure that it is functioning perfectly.
Apart from these checks you need to make sure that the chimney is checked from time to time to make sure that there is no obstruction in the path between the fire box and outside air. As unnecessary obstruction, can restrict the air flow and cause the poisonous carbon monoxide to build up in the house. In addition, the exterior part of the chimney need to be also checked as a simple crack can damage the entire system. Moreover, the gas log fireplace box should be cleaned thoroughly ideally by a professional gas technician.
The burner is another important part of a gas log fireplace that needs to be checked and cleaned annually. A dirty or poor working burner can lead to the buildup of dust and even carbon monoxide. This is the reason why it is important to have carbon monoxide detector in the home. Another way to make sure your home is safe is by having the gas lines checked yearly to make sure there are no leaks. The annual service usually involves the following things:
- Hot air vents, louvers and grills are checked and cleaned.
- The fuel efficiency is ensured.
- The gaskets are checked for sealing.
- Signs of damages and cracks are checked.
- Venting system is inspected for draft problems, obstructions, unnecessary carbon buildup and leaks.
- Operating procedures are checked if required
- Any soot that has built up will be wiped away to keep the fireplace not only clean but to make sure that it burns clean.
All these simple checks will ensure that the gas log fireplace is absolutely safe and secured to be operated and the members of the family can also experience an optimum performance of the fireplace.
|Gas Log Fireplace|
People prefer buying gas fireplace because of the various advantages that it offers:
- Unlike the wood fireplace it does not need wood to operate; so, whenever required one can just turn it on and experience the perfect warmth.
- Compared to the wood fueled fireplace, the gas log fireplace does not require extensive cleaning process; only a little maintenance and an annual checkup can help it to function appropriately.
- The gas log fireplace is easy to use, looks beautiful and in fact can help in the beautification of the home as it can act as a perfect focal point of a room.
- It is a cost-effective option and can last for years and one do not need to invest on the expensive wooden logs.
- The gas fireplace is an environment friendly option as it burns clean and reduces the impact on the environment.
Thus, it can be concluded by stating that gas fireplace can offer maximum benefits to the customer.