How many times you have experienced blocked drains in your house? Probably many because even a slight particle stuck in the pipes would cause more harm than good. When the water doesn’t find an outlet for release, it may accumulate and cause lots of problems. Either you can call the plumber to solve the issue or try DIY to eliminate clogging.
Here Are A Few Tips That Are Worth Remembering in Dealing with Such a Situation
|Unclog the Blocked Drain|
- Usage of The Bent Wire: The home made solution includes the usage of the wire coat hanger. You can transform it into a linear shape and then bend to create a hook. It is lowered in the drainage for searching the impediment blocking the flow of water. Hair and other objects can be removed using this method. Once the mission is accomplished, you can pass hot water to ensure seamless flow.
- Baking Soda and Vinegar: You can mix 30% of soda and vinegar into the eclectic mix. After seeing the fizz, you can immediately pour it down the drain. As a result, dust particles, hair and hard substances can be removed without much effort. Leave the solution for an hour inside the pipe so that the grimes can be eliminated. You can also put baking soda followed by vinegar to get the desired results.
- Vacuuming the Drainage: Using dry vacuum cleaner may do a whirl of good to the users for blocked drains. In addition, wet version should also be introduced to get the best of both the worlds. To start with, you can vacuum the liquids and cover the vent so that the mess is not exposed to the atmosphere.
- Plunger: The plunger is probably the best to ensure the flow of water. In order to use the substance, you should fill the sink by half of the volume. Thereafter, fill the drain with the plunger and remove the device immediately after 35 seconds. In case the drainage water is released slowly, add more water and plunge. If the drainage release occurs at a high speed, you can proceed ahead with the cleaning process. The drain that is fully clogged is rectified with the help of the drainage snake.
- Usage of Hot Water: Hot water is the magic potion that will help you to remove the accumulation of water. Cold water is not suitable because it will harden the grease and cause more problems in the long run. One can boil the water and move ahead with the process.
- Chemical Cleaners: Chemical cleaners are vital to the health of the drainage system. They react with the dirt and remove them in an easy and hassle free manner. Cleaners are effective in eliminating the grease and the associated blockage. Residual water should be removed once the solid impurities are drained out.
- Drain Snake: This equipment works wonders. It is a long flexible metal rope with a spiral of metal at the end.
- Proper Disposal: Instead of throwing everything in the sink, make sure that solid wastes like left food and cooking oil are discharged into a special bin placed in the kitchen. In the bathroom, one should deploy the plug-hole filter to remove the hair if any. It will go a long way in delivering sterling results in the form of a seamless water flow.
Therefore, by using the above-mentioned tips, you can save valuable money on the plumber and make sure that the water doesn’t get accumulated on the floor. Click here for more information about blocked drains.